Please read background first: http://toxicfumesinfranklin.blogspot.com/2009/12/introduction.html#links

Need more info? Contact ConcernedFamiliesFranklin@gmail.com



Title V was passed. This means they can operate. Tester is at Moore Elem. right now and then another will be put at Winstead. Obviously testers are far from the actual source and the effected homes, so they are basically just going through motions. TDEC stated it plans to get to the root of the problem with Superior. We will see.
Another tester is now in Sullivan Farms.



Our pediatrician and toxocologists at Vanderbilt have both confirmed that ANY amount of phenol will cause at the minimum, lung irritation (coughing). This can only be remediated by complete stop of the smell. This is a fact from Vanderbilt Toxocologist.





Apr 21, 2010

Update for April

So the smell goes on day after day week after week... Its now mid April. The good news is that TDEC decided to put a tester in sullivan farms entrance. This goes on every few days and tests for 24 hours straight. From the emails it seems that what they are trying to do is decide if it a health hazard and a quality of life issue, or just a quality of life issue. Either way, its definitley a quality of life issue!

This is now the main contact within TDEC if you smell it. Please contact him when you smell this odor.

Mark A. Brown


Field Office Manager

Tennessee Air Pollution Control Division

Nashville, Tennessee

(615)-687-7029
 
 
AFTER HOURS there is someone on call please call him after 5pm.
 
Ray Stubbelfield
 
 615-218-9402 (5:00pm until 8:00pm, Monday through Friday)
 
It is important that each person calls EVERY time they smell it to ensure TDEC and Franklin understand the severity of the issue and number of families it is effecting.

1 comment:

Wix Wichmann said...

I've had it with the smell! I will be wearing these phone numbers out on a frequency similar to how this company ruins my nostrils every other day. I had no idea that my house at 245 Wisteria Dr in Sullivan farms was sitting directly behind this behemoth. I drove over there today to complain and the guard shack woman said, "I've worked here 16 years and I've never smelled anything...I've even been in the warehouse and it doesn't smell" Yeah, well I can sit in the comfort of my car with it running and I don't smell any fumes either, but let's ask the anthill under my tailpipe what they think. That's how insignificant I feel in Sullivan Farms.